typical morning




5:42: I hear sol starting to stir. I put the sheet over my head. 
6: sol is getting loud enough that he may wake atticus. 
6:10: I stumble to sol's room, nurse him for about 10 minutes and he falls asleep. 
6:20: He will be awake for the day if I move anytime soon. We both doze in the rocking chair.
6:40: I successfully transfer Sol to his crib. 
6:45: pump, drink day old, watered down iced tea, make coffee, make bottles for Sol for the day. Check work email. 
6:58: I hear both boys waking up. I go up and chat with them about the day. Atticus is super excited BC it's only one more day till "splash day" at camp with the super soakers, mom. Sol just grins at Atticus.
7:05: my first cup of coffee, sol diaper change, juice for atticus, make sol some mashed banana with a little puréed carrot. 
7:15: watch and listen to music videos, blur followed by many renditions of put down the duckie. Yes, sol watches some of it. #motheroftheyear
7:30: more coffee, beg atticus to use the potty and sol to stop chewing his socks
7:45: sol goes in the jumper, make pancakes (with GD flax and oatmeal!) pack  atticus' snack for camp and lunch post camp. Check work email. 
8: pack diaper bag for sol and atty's backpack for camp, pack all my pump stuff, atticus eats pancakes and fruit and races around the house refusing to get dressed 
8:10: I shower and get dressed, applying lots of eye cream.
8:30:  I make myself an egg sandwich, sol steals half my egg, bribe atticus to get dressed with pocoyo gangman style video. 
8:30: attempt to straighten house. 
8:32: give up straightening house
8:35: Nelson showers. Atticus takes off all his clothes and insists upon showering with Nelson. 
8:40: Sol is super cranky and wants to take nap. Nelson and I take turns passing him back and forth while we finish getting ready. Check work email. 
8:50: apply bb cream, brush teeth whilst holding sol, change sol's diaper and onesie, he laughs. I wonder if gestation and birth is the original game of peekaboo. 
9: we both call atticus to come downstairs. Somehow nelson convinced him, gets him dressed. 
9:05: sunscreen up atticus, even get a giggle out of him. 
9:10: nelson pulls away with both boys and all their gear to take them to nanny and camp. I shout wipe myself, pump and drive to work. Is it bedtime yet? 


Comments