i'm in that weird stage of pregnancy when:





1. i know i look pregnant but i'm still surprised when people (cheesemongers) politely inform me that i am drooling over a raw milk aged manchego. 

2. everyone stops eating at the end of the meal. then i finish the bread basket.

3. i get up to use the bathroom between 4-6 times a night.

4. i forget very basic things like network passwords, the location of my glasses, names of soda, people, restaurants, books, films, etc. 

5. atticus keeps telling me and himself to sit up when he sits on my lap to read books each night. my belly is becoming a bit of an issue there. 

6. i need to eat a banana every day or i get leg cramps that rival those two bottles of pinot grigio nights of yore. 

7. wine actually sounds good again. it annoys me. so i have a pellegrino in a wine glass. it. is. not. the. same.

8. i'm worried i will outweigh nelson by thanksgiving. gobble, gobble, indeed.

9. i can't quite judge my size and run into couches, walls and people with my tummy. 

10. i cry at movies, songs, lack of coffee, lack of parking, unripe avocados, overripe bananas, unfolded laundry, my dad bringing me a donut, a sweet text message, my son patting my back, nelson rubbing my feet. 

11. i stare at blue veins, stretch marks and various other ailments all over my body and realize what an idiot i was to not appreciate that i looked pretty decent before pregnancy.

12. i feel guilty for not embracing every bit of pregnancy and talk to the baby for awhile. promising dq, stacks of books and night time feedings. more tears. 

Comments