individual peach crisp






I have never been one to shy away from dessert. I have the need for a little something sweet numerous times throughout every day. Sometimes that sweet craving can be satisified by an apple or a mini twix nabbed from one of the many work candy bowls. other times i need an entire dessert just for myself, without any sharing. *when you have a two-and-a-half year-old who has a championed sense of smell (especially when it comes to sugar) and a husband who constantly proclaims he "doesn't like sweets" and then silently devours an entire box of lemon frostie cookies in one evening, you may have to plan for solo dessert time.* or you could just hide in your bathroom with your dessert. hey, i've stuck my whole head in the fridge and devoured peanut butter cups and told my child (wirh my mouth full i might add) that there is no chocolate. so no judgement from me. 

individual peach crisp: 
ingredients:
1 peach, diced
1.5 tbsps flour, divided
1.5 tbsp brown sugar, divided
1 tbsp juice
dashes cinnamon and nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp oatmeal
1 tbsp cold butter, cubed

method: 
preheat oven to 350
butter mini ramekin
dice peach, toss with juice and vanilla
add 1/2 flour, brown sugar and spices
mix throughly
in another bowl mix remaining flour and brown sugar, more dashes of spices and oatmeal.
add butter and mix till butter resembles peas
dump mixture on peaches
bake about 20-25 minutes till bubbly and crisp

*note: my guilt got the better of me and i made this crisp a second time to share with the boys and they both opted for oreos. talk about win-win-win. guilt assuaged, boys happy and mama gets her own dessert without sharing or covert ops eating. 

Comments

Post a Comment