first trimester recap


god bless the heidelberg danish aka heaven.


1. it sucked
2. i felt nauseous almost the entire time.
3. when i didn't feel nauseous i was exhausted.
4. when i didn't feel exhausted or nauseous i was beyond starving, as in i was eating tacos and simultaneously whining that i was starving.
5. i got multiple headaches every week that lasted the entire day.

as you can imagine from the above i was a real treat to be around for about two months. i'm lucky that both the boys didn't leave the house and yours truly forever and ever. somehow they dealt with a starving, nauseous, semi-irrational woman whining on the couch for months. god bless them. other god blesses:

1. god bless pbs kids and you tube for helping me to keep my kid entertained a few mornings a week as i laid on the couch dying.
2. god bless my husband who listened, sympathized and i imagine swallowed a lot of choice phrases for awhile.
3. god bless my son who snuggled with me, brought me books and was pretty understanding as far as two-year-olds go.
3. god bless bagels, donuts, cookies, doritos and every other horrible carb on the planet (see above) as that is ALL this baby wanted to eat for two months.

did i mention i feel glorious now and all this is a distant memory? onward to the second trimester --- still praise be to pbs kids, understanding husbands and children and all carbs but i am now taking my kid for walks and to the park again, having actual give and take conversations with my husband that do not revolve around my whining and ingesting an occasional fruit and vegetable (i made kale chips last week for goodness sake). night and day i tell you. 



Comments