green smoothie


 

as a kid, i loved corn on the cob slathered with butter and salt but my interest in vegetables pretty much ended there. it was no one's fault, really. my mother tried everything, not short of bribery. she bought these sugar cookie ice cream sandwiches, called chilly bars, that we all went mad for circa 1987. they worked many a vegetable miracle. but more often than not, i would be sitting at the kitchen table with lima beans for two hours after dinner. in the dark.

unfortunately, atticus has inherited my childhood disdain for vegetables and my pride to boot. silly boy. luckily for me, there is the blessed internet that is delighted to inform you and me about the use of green smoothies on vegetable-hating children such as mine and well, me. 

two mornings in a row, this boy ate an alarming amount of spinach.

green smoothie (makes about 20 ounces):

1 cup frozen spinach
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup frozen mango
1 blueberry greek yogurt cup
1 cup whole milk
2/3 cup water

blend until smooth, drink with a straw and gloat.

Comments

  1. good for him. my kid is a veggie hater too but he is obsessed with fruit. sometimes that pretty much all he wants to eat.. a banana, apple, mango some grapes and an orange.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment