nutella stuffed pumpkin french toast



i remember the exact moment when i heard about nutella stuffed pumpkin french toast. it was less than 48 hours ago, but still, it is burned in my brain. when the brilliance that is cortney mentioned this recipe i was laying on the couch in a half coma, semi watching jeopardy, scrolling through my iphone while atticus put together a vehicle puzzle, telling me that this particular boat he was holding was a yacht. well excuse me gopher. at that moment i think my whispered response to just the recipe title alone was something like, "no f*ckin way."  i've made pumpkin pancakes, bread and muffins more times than i count in the past three weeks and really need some inspiration to keep the pumpkin love alive. beyond that, i couldn't believe how dense i was to not think about combining pumpkin and nutella. seriously, what is wrong with me? 
the next morning, after the requisite coffee and milk, we made this french toast. atticus and i ate as it pictured, sandwich style, fighting each other for bites as we raced down the sidewalk with the chilly wind at our backs. nelson is much more dignified, and chose the fork and knife route. the whole lot of us skipped syrup, but go crazy and add it, i'm sure you can handle it. i would think a dusting a powdered sugar would be nice as well. i am certain this will become a favorite this fall in our household.

Comments

  1. oh noooo !!! why would you do this to me... dropping everything and heading to the shop now..

    jomischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) good luck joanne. if you're like me, you'll never turn back!

      Delete
  2. I mean how have I not thought to combine pumpkin and nutella? Two of my favorite things. Look so amazing - I will have to try it and let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! my thoughts exactly. what i have been doing that it took me this long to put two of my favorite things together?

      Delete
  3. Whoa, I love nutella, but with pumpkin? This is a whole 'notha level! I will need to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you will love it leelee! it is a whole 'notha level for sure, a level of deeliciousness:)

      Delete
  4. oh my gosh I am dying inside at how delicious this freakin looks!!! This sounds like the most amazing thing on earth. Well this is going to be my breakfast for saturday morning!

    http://haileycheyanne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks so delicious... now I'm hungry


    xo Jessica
    www.NewlyLoved.com
    stop by when ya get a chance

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this was looking so delicious. Am gonna try this. thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment