classics and trends



lately, i feel like my closet is giving me the stink eye. like hello lady, you're 35 now, do you really think you can get away with that? hmmmmp. it's like my grandmother has embodied my closet, complete with raised eye brow and unmistakable tone.

don't worry, i'm not ready to bring all my clothes to goodwill and run to chicos. but i do feel the need to edit my closet a bit and define my style. how do you decide what constitutes a classic piece to your wardrobe? you can read about classics in magazines and books, but all the lists are the same: LBD, straight leg jeans, crisp white shirt, black leggings, etc. which come on, like duh. we all have that stuff. and of course, we're supposed to mix in those classics with trendy pieces. my trend list this year included a neon belt, snakeskin pumps and bright pink lipstick. big whoop right? BUT, there are more categories than classics and trends. how about the ME classics? those items that each person defines as their individual, classic pieces. for me, it's a jean jacket, maxi dresses, holey jeans and mocs. i've been wearing them for years, they're not passing trends. i will not simply disregard them because forever 21 now carries high low dresses. no. these items are here to stay. expect to find me at 45, 55, 65, 75 and onward (hopefully) in holey jeans and mocs. i think grandma just rolled over in her grave that i described holey jeans as classic.







Comments