apologies



we've got to get back on the manners train and quick. since noticing that please and thank are absent from young atty's vocabulary, i've also realized the word sorry never makes an appearance at our house. now atticus is a pretty gentle guy all around but he is wicked strong and i've got the scratches and bruises to prove it. he will kick when i change his diaper and say "game!" and giggle (he has no idea how strong he is) or poke me in the eye when identifying my eyes or intently listen and look at me and then press all the buttons on my laptop at once. i'm trying to be very gentle myself, not raise my voice but be firm and say, "atticus, please don't do that, you need to say sorry for hurting mama." he looks at me, deadpan, and says (with his finger to his lips), "shhhhhh, quiet." 

*ideas welcome on how not to laugh and explaining the difference between quiet and sorry*

Comments