monday-thursday 6:45 p.m.



i pull into my parking space in front of our house to atticus at our front door. his little face is pressed to the glass, waiting for mama. when he spots ME getting out of the car he starts grinning, squealing and jumping up and down. of course, i am doing the same thing. there is no way to get a picture of this moment. i need to BE there with him, not taking a picture. in that moment i feel unequivocal joy and love that always, always washes any and every feeling of frustration from the day. i can barely get in the door fast enough, drop all my stuff and scoop up my boy into the biggest bear hug. there is no better way to come home.

Comments

  1. Beautiful!
    How sweet a photo! Such love!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a sweet photo! Motherhood is a tough job. It can be quite challenging (Well, I am not yet a mother, but I've always perceived it that way) but all the tears, sweat, and fatigue will be gone with just one smile of your dear child. :) I have 2 sisters who are now mothers and I see that somehow their lives have changed. Their lives revolve to their children, and it's that love that keeps them going :) God bless you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's the toughest but the best job there is!

      Delete

Post a Comment