Rice Noodles, Roasted Tofu and Edamame




This month cooking club's theme was asian inspired dishes. The fact that I had all of these ingredients in my house and did not have to venture to the grocery store at 9 p.m. made this dish very inspirational.

Rice Noodles, Toasted Tofu and Edamame

Ingredients:
1 block extra-firm tofu, pressed
2 cups edamame (I used frozen from trader joes)
6 servings rice noodles (I used trader joes)
1 garlic clove, grated
1 inch piece ginger, grated
6 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp sweet thai chili sauce
2 tbsp thai chili sauce
1 tbsp dried thai basil
6 tbsp canola oil
salt and pepper to taste
cooking spray

Method:
1. drain and chop tofu into cubes, toss with 2 tbsp canola oil and dried thai basil, roast for 35-40 minutes at 350. tossing every 10 minutes. remove from oven, let cool.
2. toss edamame with 3 tbsps soy sauce, roast at 350 for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. remove from oven, let cool.
3. cook rice noodles according to directions, rinse in cold water, set aside
4. to a blow: add grated garlic and ginger, remaining soy sauce, thai chili sauce, sweet thai chili sauce, whisk in canola oil. set aside.
5. add rice noodles, tofu, edamame to a bowl, mix with sauce. best served after chilled in the fridge.


Comments

  1. I could take a page out of this book and return to the tofu. I grew up on it and always have some in the fridge, but for some reason, I rarely touch the stuff anymore. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i'm jealous you have such experience with tofu, i've only been cooking with it for about two years. any recipes to share?

      Delete
  2. I'm sad to have missed this cooking club. I'm going to try this recipe after I pick up some tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we miss you at cooking club ambreen! maybe you can bring little s for a visit at next month's meeting? i think the tentative date is april 5, hope you both can make it:)

      Delete

Post a Comment