men and makeup

i used to think it was so unfair that we, as women, were expected to wear makeup. 
why isn't deodorant, good dental hygiene, smelly (in a good way) soap and oil of olay enough?
most guys aren't moisturizing and their deodorant is supposed to make women weak at the knees?
why do they have to do so little and i have to do so much?
fast forward a decade and i have changed my tune.




now here is my purse makeup bag. 
yep, i exposed myself and my eye cream!
BFD.
here's the thing, i like wearing this crap make up now.
and as i said, this is my purse makeup bag.
as in the one at home is larger.
don't get me wrong, i'm not applying this stuff with spackle and a blow torch.
it takes about five minutes and i'm usually chasing around my one-year old, burning french toast and looking for a pair of tights without holes at the same time.
but for some reason, it makes me feel a little bit better about myself.
and beyond that, i am grateful for the purpose of these necessary products (question:do shout wipes count as make up?).
anyway, what about guys?
why can't they add some concealer to their kiehls in the morning?
we all deserve to feel a bit better with only five minutes of effort right?
who's with me?
equal rights for make up!


Comments