ways to stay positive

life is tough sometimes. you get a flat tire. your credit card gets compromised. your baby gets pink eye. your personal life is ehhhh. you just feel like you can't catch a DAMN break. but still through it all, you have to stay positive, you have to look forward, you have to push yourself, believe in yourself, trust in yourself and that life really isn't trying to punch you in the throat.

how I stay positive:

1. atticus. clearly this is numero uno


i kiss atticus about 18 zillion times a day, that boy should have chapped cheeks but they're soft as his cutie patootie bum. i try to make him smile and laugh as much as humanely possible because it makes every problem, big or smell, melt like a reeses blizzard on a 90 degree day. i love to talk to atticus, hear him talk back in his own language, recognize me and play with me for as many hours there are in a day.


2. iced coffee.



super cold iced coffee (without TOO many ice cubes, even if they're coffee ice cubes) with lots of cream and sugar gives me that little pep in my step!

3. resurrecting old clothes from the hounds of hell. i put away my summer stuff every fall and have just gotten around to digging them out of my parents attic. do you know there are half a dozen dresses in there that had completely escaped my memory? how exciting is that? i love "shopping" through my own clothes. yea!

4. sister date. my sister, emily, and i went on a sister date to target and chik fil-a last weekend and it was the best! gushing over baby clothes, drooling at make up we can't afford, gossiping and splitting a cookies and cream milkshake. the perfect evening.

5. women friends. i feel SO lucky to have so many amazing women in my life who support me, make me laugh my face off and challenge me with their intellect, soul and love.

photo of atty: courtesy erin

Comments

  1. Sister dates are great -- i don't know what i'd do without my sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all certainly big and small blessings that I wouldn't be able to do without. Send one kiss from me :)

    Love,
    -Veronica

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment