mama shorts

i've never really liked shorts. shorts show your legs and i hate my legs. in fact, shorts highlight your thighs in a way that i never wanted amplified. then i realized shorts don't have to be super short juniors wear or clarendon mom wear. the in between was born when i turned a 13 year-old pair of pants into shorts that i've rocked way too much in the past three weeks.

mama shorts: a how to

step 1: find the pants to turn into mama shorts

take an old pair of black pants. mine are a twillish/stretch cargo pants i bought my semester in london. that's fall 1999 people. and yes, i realize that the large cargo pockets did no favors for my thighs. these also are a bit large, which for me is key to shorts. again the thighs. if you don't want to look like sausage squeezed out its casing, go l o o s e.


step 2: cut the pants into mama shorts

to find the the perfect length for your mama shorts, start too long. as you can see, it took me three cuts to get the perfect length. of course, try on shorts after each cut to measure cuteness and functionality. bonus: i also was able to completely lose the cargo pockets (thank gawd).


step 3: accessorize

this is pretty much how i've worn my mama shorts to date. longish wife beaters because the shorts sit so
l o w, moccasins, messy cup of jo style bun and adorable baby.


more summer fashiony thoughts coming your way soon.

Comments

  1. okay, that last picture is beyond adorable! love this post :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two match perfectly! I'm off to find my cargo pants

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment