sleep

of course i knew that my definition of sleep would change once i had a baby. it's every parents favorite reminder to expectant parents as the growth of your belly starts to get scary, your home fills with more plastic toys than you  knew existed and you begin to accept that the 8lb meatloaf growing in your stomach is going to have come out at some point.


but until your baby is about three weeks old you're in denial about the lack of sleep you will experience. 
f o r e v e r. 
i can say this because my baby is almost three weeks old now and i'm just starting to get it. after reviewing the above chart, i can tell you that i generally hover in stage one and two and occasionally make it to stage three. stage four and five are a distant memory.
p.s. i've decided this is empowering not sad to exist on such little sleep. for my ba-by.
he's clearly, totally worth it.

Comments

  1. Maybe you care, maybe you don't, but a few things I learned now that I am on baby #3: keep the lights low at night (I only use a nightlight), only change the diaper if it is super full or poopy to keep from waking up baby more, keep the baby close (at least in the same room) so you don't have to totally come out of your restful state. Things have been way better with this baby and I even have two other rascals to deal with. Hope it helps a little. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment