challenging mornings

 

most mornings i get up, pop in my eyes, throw on something stretchy, paint up my face, grab something random to take for lunch and run out the door in about 30 minutes. it's pretty impressive actually. sometimes i even throw a shower and breakfast in there too. crazy.

but then there are days when even picking out clothing takes f o r e v e r. and where even the littlest thing like brushing my teeth results in disaster. this morning was one of those mornings. it's cold outside, i'm 32 weeks pregnant and feeling less than cute. translation, i spent way too much time contemplating my clothing options. especially considering all the options i had for myself were variations on black, grey and brown stretchy tops with stretchy pants, cardigans and large funnel scarves. for some reason, finding the exact right combination took 47 attempts. when i was finally satisfied with said outfit, all i had to do was brush my teeth. amazingly, i dropped the toothpaste from my electronic toothbrush head in between the layers of my scarf and into my boob (it's still sparkly and crest minty fresh now) and while attempting to rescue the toothpaste, my toothbrush got tangled in my hair and created a mini dreadlock (also sparkly and minty fresh!).

somehow i made it to work, ate a blueberry muffin the size of my head and am getting through my day. but good lord, mornings are tough on this woman.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh about your sparkly minty fresh decolletage. :)
    Hope your day gets better girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But after the morning comes the blueberry muffin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday so at least you have that going for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment