wallets


 The guy who stole my wallet yesterday looks like this guy.
Or at least in my mind of too many episodes of Murder She Wrote he does.
A very sneaky looking fellow with a sinister glare that pretty much resembles Jon Glaser in a ski mask a la Delocated.
This entire episode of pick pocketing basically makes me feel like a giant asshat.
I went from disbelief to anger to sadness to resolve in about 4 hours.
Apologies to those who had to deal with my hormonal antics and overreactions during this time.
Apologies also to the baby who had to deal with me as I stress ate potato chips and a questionable pumpkin pie poptart in 12 and a half minutes.

But I'm moving on.
And I decided to embrace one thing.
I get to buy a new wallet.
Now first of all, I loved my wallet that was stolen.
Jeff and Mere bought it for me in Amsterdam, it has the exact right number of sleeves and zippers.
It's also covered in girl robots. 
It's a one of a kind, killer wallet that I loved so much on sight that I immediately started using it upon receipt.
So I am in a mourning period about that.
But it is gone and therefore I must shop.

At first, in anger mode, I thought eff it, I'm going to buy an uber expensive wallet. 
And started perusing the wallets in high price points, thinking I've earned this.


The above kate spade was clearly a contender.


But of course then I felt guilty and  thought an old school a velcro wallet would be fun.
And this one from Amazon looks a Nintendo controller.
Even my brother would be impressed.

I was still mid-debate on the metro ride home last night when it hit me.


I need Jules' wallet from Pulp Fiction. 
No one is going to mess with a pregnant lady who has this wallet.
And this wallet is only $27, oh and $14 for each additional so let me know if you're in the need.
serenity now.

top image: dreamstime

Comments

  1. I'm sorry about that, but you are absolutely right, anger is worthless about these things - while still needed to fight injustice of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, no! I'm so sorry that happened. I think all of the above are perfectly reasonable options. But damn you for putting that Kate Spade in my face because the sparkliness of it all is so very, very tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment