jean jackets

i had my first jean jacket in second grade. it snapped down the front, with an elastic waist and a rounded collar that i couldn't keep pointed up no matter how hard i tried. yes, i was in a grease faze. i wanted to at least have olivia newton john's popped collar on my jean jacket since her black leather jacket was never going to happen. oh and this was before the popped collar craze of georgetown, this was when the popped collar still did signify cool. unknowingly i was channeling my inner james dean at age 8.

i wore the hell out of that jacket. rocking it over my grade school uniform jumper every day of the week, my stone washed jeans and red esprit sweatshirt on the weekend. even my easter church dress saw the jean jacket as it's topper. oh yeah, and they were called jean jackets in the 1980s, not denim jackets. some rebels even referred to them as jeans jackets. notice the plural.


twenty-five years later, i received a levis trucker jean jacket for my last birthday. it's everything my jean jacket of 1986 was, plus so much more. it was actual buttons, it's elastic free, and hell; the collar can pop all night long. and yeah, it still goes with every piece in my wardrobe. i wore it over a pencil skirt, blouse and my pregnant bump to work, i wore it over a maxi dress and frye boots to dinner, i wore it over leggings, a wife beater and converse to trader joes. next up? why embracing the candian tuxedo above of course

how much do you love your jean jacket?

image: levis of course. duhhhh.

Comments

  1. I heart your jean jacket! It really does go with everything and I noticed that you're quite stylish in it all the time!

    I pulled mine out of my closet recently and realized that it's a bit boxy and outdated. I need a new one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. angela: i think mike needs to get you a jean jacket for christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You has a great blog. I'm like and very interesting. Dont forget to visit back my blog and gives us your comment for us. Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment