diners


i love to go to diners and chat for hours with an old friend or two. in high school, my friends and i would frequent a perkins that was in walking distance of my parents house on most friday nights. we would order way too much coffee, a plate of french fries and a bagel to share among 7-8 people and hang out for hours. i'm sure the waitresses hated us and our $12 bill, but i remember those nights that seem so long ago and yet so close with a smile every time i go to a diner.

Above: my version of diner food at home. turkey club (whole wheat potato bread slathered with babybel light garlic and herb cheese, roasted red peppers, roasted turkey and rosemary citrus grey salt --grilled) and oven fries (one small potato, sliced into shoe strings, coated with olive oil and rock salt. roasted at 400 for 30-35 minutes) served with mounds of ketchup.

Bonus: Tom's Diner, When Harry Met Sally Diner Scene, Goodfellas Diner Scene, Pulp Fiction Diner Scene and of course, a scene from Diner.

Comments

  1. Ahh, i love diners! I haven't been to one for awhile, but this post is making me crave Perkins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when you get really hungry :-)
    PS. I'll try to find a Perkins in our next trip to the US ( in December)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment