pb&j smoothie


i've finally moved on from my breakfast rut.
well, at least for one day.
and it only took liquified pb&j to do it.
totally grossed out yet?
nelson was pretty repulsed by this, but what does he know? 
he eats raisan bran for breakfast. 
i.e. old man breakfast.


don't worry, i didn't actually put cups of jelly in there, that would defeat the purpose of the health aspects of this wonder.
and there are health aspects, did i forget to mention that?
but there is no wonder bread.


just some of the good stuff.
p.s. watch this classic sesame street clip on peanut butter.


oh and greek yogurt for a creamy consistency and total staying power.


another bonus on liquid breakfast is of course the portability.
i can apply mascara while drinking my smoothie.
i can put on tights while drinking my smoothie.
i can pack my lunch while drinking my smoothie.
heck, i can even brush my teeth while, wait, no, i can't really do that.
but i can multitask thus giving me at least 10 more minutes to hit snooze on the iphone every morning. 
yes! i feel great!

Recipe: PB&J Smoothie

Ingredients:
10 frozen strawberries
1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup ice
1 cup water
1 tbsp natural peanut butter

Method:
blend all ingredients for about 1 minute till smooth
multitask away and enjoy your liquefied pb&j!

Comments

  1. Do you know how much I love peanut butter and jelly? No, but really? This is making me salivate. Thanks for such a fabulous idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this sounds amazing! I have all the ingredients on hand (I'll sub sunflower butter for the pb) so I think I'll make it as my post workout snack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummm! I am so glad smoothie season is back. yup, that's an actual season. Along with "hoodie weather". Things you don't learn in high school science class.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Good thing there was no real jelly in there! I've been making mine with whatever fruit is in the pantry, most recently mangoes and bananas..

    Will do pb and bananas tomorrow, in honor of Elvis :) Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this looks really yummy...the perfect way to jump start a morning (the combination of pb and strawberries has me over the moon excited!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum- you get all the same stuff I do from TJ's

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just found your really interesting blog, full of delicacies and other great tips for enjoying live. I couldn't find any three dimensional thinking though :) but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and will join your blog as a friend nevertheless.
    I hope you might like my a bit "old world" blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment