mango smoothies


the major mango binge continues. since nigella suggested adding a mango to fruit salad, i have been an avid convert, craving and buying all things mango. this mango smoothie was inspired by the mango boba tea love, minus the tapioca balls. btw, does anyone have any idea where i would purchase tapioca balls?


this mango was so fresh and bright it almost hurt my heart to blend it up with it's little friends.
almost hurt.


it probably hurt nelson's ears since i was using the blender when he was still fast asleep.
woops.
are you awake now dear? i have mango smoothies for you!
bless that man, he is a saint for dealing with my antics.


still he did get a creamy, delicious and healthy mango smoothie out of it.


i can think of a lot of worse ways to wake up in the morning.
say for example, waking up to your neighbors giving tuba lessons. to children. playing christmas carols. on saturday morning. year round.
i would make them all mango smoothies to avoid that lovely noise music.

Recipe: Mango Smoothies (for two!)

Ingredients:
1 large mango, skin removed, diced
1/3 cup greek yogurt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup ice
2 tbsp ff half and half
2 tbsp orange mango juice

Method:
-blend all ingredients till smooth, about 1 minute
-coat rim of glasses in juice, dip in sugar
-fill glasses

Comments

  1. Oh I so love mango's!! This sounds so delicious! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should put some Boba in those smoothies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum- I like to get frozen mango slices at Trader Joe's for my smoothies- saves the hassle of cutting them up myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delish!
    Saving this recipe,Jesse!
    Perfect for Summer gathering!

    ~thanks*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! Gotta try that asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am sooo making this, AND i have tapioca balls here at home to add to it, yay!

    I got my tapioca balls from a gourmet specialty food market. I am not sure if they have HEB where you are, but in TX they have HEB supermarkets and then HEB has a specialty gourmet market called Central Market, and that's where I got mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dionne: I'm so jealous you have the tapioca balls, I need to find them in northern va. i'm going to check out this vietnamese market this weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love mango but I cheat and buy the frozen organic chunks. I do a mango/strawberry/banana smoothie at least once a week and I swear it's better than a cocktail! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love mango and those smoothies look amazing! Love the glasses to :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my. mangoes make me want it to be summer, NOW. I am totally making myself a smoothie once it stops being 40 degrees outside!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks awesome! I never would have thought to put half & half in a smoothie...decadent.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My husband would love this. He is a mango freak!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment