fallspiration/west virginia-spiration


i can't stop looking at this photo. not because it's fantastically photographed because obviously i'm a pretty lame photographer. however the new iphone hipstomatic app has fooled people into thinking that i have mad skills. i don't. this app, however, does. i love the poloraid quality of it. are you even supposed to love that part? most people are so happy that poloroids went the way of the do do, but they make me nostalgic. i keep wanting to shake my phone while i wait the 1.5 nanoseconds for these photos to process. shake it. shake it.

but back to the picture. i love the warm, rich colors of the grass and flowers mixed with the echoing reflection of the trees in the manmade pond. it makes me want to go right back to that spot, sit cozily with friends on the soft grass, watch the sunset, sip a cold ocktoberfest and laugh so hard it hurts.

oh and it might make me fall in love with fall just a little bit more....maybe my boots in the picture are helping too?


i mean clearly, my boots go with fall right? their innate autumness is what i truly adore.

but all these colors and textures have started my fallspiration wish list....

(modcloth)
i just want to wrap myself in this and call it a day. except its so chic and fantastic that i will clearly need to wear it somewhere so people can adore it's chicness (read: ME!). i'm thinking paired with the boots of course, skinny jeans (not jeggings!), huge sunglasses and a loose bun. simple and classy with an edge.


(anthro)
there is something prim and proper yet very sexy about this skirt. i imagine myself as some modern victorian lady in this skirt (paired with a creamy vintagey fitted blouse, grey textured tights and grey mary janes) , pacing around an elegant library with a long cigarette in hand, mumbling about petit fours. was that too specific?

i keep wanting a cocktail ring.
(kenneth cole)
this one is sort of perfect because it would look good with anything. hello jeans, flats and a blank tank, check! audrey style cocktail dress, check! leggings and cape coat, why yes, check!

speaking of cape coats...
(Graeme Black)
this is definitely the most extravagant item of the lot. love the deep pockets that i can bury my moleskin, iphone and mittens in. love the orange, possibly velvet piping. love the squarish wooden buttons. and the belt, it's perfect in that, i just threw this on and i look fabulous way.

oh and in case you need a nibble...


pumpkin whoopie pies. these will 100%, absolutely, positively, without one damn doubt be making their way into my fall repertoire, my kitchen and definitely my tummy this fall. recipe suggestions welcome!

Comments

  1. Oh Jess, where was I when those figs were served?! I'm putting that dish and the boots on my Christmas wish list. Let's discuss over carbomb shots perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. cocktail rings are my absolute favorite! good call....(cheap hint...at the register forever 21, there are a ton for 4-5 bucks each, and they don't look cheap!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, and i'm loving the fall boot/plaid shirt photo- obviously!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment