Seven Thing You (might) Not Know About Me


I was tagged, I swear I wasn't going to do a list again for awhile. I mean I clearly don't enjoy doing them, evidence here and here
A warm thank you to Lorraine of Apples and Rubies for awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award. I'm so flattered!


first some stylin' doodes....

And now, on to the list! As part of the tagging, I have to list seven things you may or may not know about yours truly.....ekkkk. I have to admit this makes me a bit nervous. Am I ready to reveal secrets, embarrassments, foibles, weird tidbits that no one cares about but me and my shoddy photoshop collage skills? 

alright, alright.
click to enlarge

here goes....

1. i met helen thomas. even at her mature age (a lady never reveals or asks another lady's age) she was still poised, eloquent and kind.
2. i failled my road test. twice. the first time was in a similar style to the above blue minivan. 
i needed to get that off my chest for the past 16 years.
3. i'm a bit ocd about folding tee shirts.  not my own mind you, but nelson's collection of tees. i've been folding them this way for as long as i can remember. there is something very therapeutic to me about it. fold in the arms. fold in half. fold in half again. stack up in an immense pile.
4. i'm curious about jeggings. i just want to try them on one time, i swear! 
ok i'm going to go jump off the roof now. 
5.  sometimes i love bad romantic comedies. sigh. yes, i love classics, and independent movies, and cool movies and foreign movies films and shorts, and so many of the movies my genius almost film graduate husband discusses. but sometimes, i do love watching bad romcom. the notebook. definitely maybe. the cutting edge. 13 going on 30. it's complicated
sigh, i'm going back to the roof.
6.  i ate a grasshopper taco and lived to tell the tale. it was from oyamel so obviously it was gourmet. but for serious, i never saw that one coming. the taste? it was interesting. but the texture? ehhh left a little something to be desired.
7. i'm a pretty decent badminton player. it's the only sport i ever thought i was good at, besides rock band of course. and i actually played in high school on the varsity team. unfortunately, i was overly intimidated by my partner who didn't think i was good cool enough to play with her in doubles. in hindsight i should have shoved the birdie up her nose.


and now i have to tag seven bloggers that i think are quite stylin:

Veronica of DNLiving

Alissa of McDonalds in Paris

Dominic of Run the Gamut 

Ed of Edgar Garcia

Melissa of Melissa Nibbles 

Emily of Tornados in Brooklyn  

Pat of PC and the Web

Go visit these folks! 
 

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shoutout!
    I love horrible romantic movies too. It's sad that I want to see this Ashton Kutcher & Natalie Portman movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse- I can't get past the grasshoppers. You are a brave, brave girl and I hope there was a lot of sauce on that taco.

    (I only failed my driving test once.)

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Melissa: that makes me think of another fabulously awful romcom with asthon kutcher: a lot like love. i love it!
    @ loretta: eating grasshoppers has to be one of the most daring things i've done.
    and it's amazing how many people have now told me they've failed their road tests. so glad i finally let that secret out of the bag:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no....It's COMPLICATED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I hope you've tried that Japanese folding trick. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment