tomato, basil and mozarella appetizer


if you can read this title then you can make this appetizer.
it's pure assembly.
of course you have to purchase the ingredients.
sigh. so much work.


then you have to wash the ingredients.
oh. my. god.


and stare at their beauty.
and possibly sample.


oh you should purchase toothpicks too.
because then you can get these cute little numbers.



but don't be one of those freaks who walks around with a toothpick in their mouth.
ew.
please excuse the chipped sally hansen denim finger decals.


while tomato, basil and mozzarella are the holy trinity together, they're even better doused in a lovely fig balsamic vinaigrette. 


take 30 seconds and make the vinaigrette.
then you can tell people how you slaved in the kitchen.

Recipe: Tomato Basil Mozzarella Appetizer

Ingredients:
50 mozzarella balls
50 grape tomatoes
50 basil leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp fig balsamic vinegar
sprinkle salt and pepper
50 tooth picks

Method:
assemble each toothpick with a grape tomato, mozzarella ball and basil leaf until finished
mix olive oil, fig balsamic, salt and pepper
drizzle vinaigrette over mini skewers, let set for an hour for a full taste explosion


Comments

  1. Never had fig balsamic vinegar but would love to get my hands on a bottle or two. I felt like you were talking to me directly (how did you know I'm kitchen illiterate?!!) because this stuff is as easy as reading the title.. just like you said :)

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very festive colorful appetizer, Jesse!
    I'm sure the flavors dance in our mouths!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm, so Mediterranean, and colourfull too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I my goodness! This looks so delish! I actually have all these ingredients too, I must try!

    Luvs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment