so much to say #4


1. me: "how is your hot cocoa? is it too hot?"
atticus: "no, it's just right"

2. when we sit next to each other in the glider to read stories before bed:

atticus: "it's getting a little snug."

3. when nelson comes home from work:
atticus: "finally! it's dad!"

4. upon getting in the car:
atticus: "we need a little ac because it's very hot"

5. me: "maybe we can go to abus house later?"
atticus: "ok let's go see pempole [his cousin, penelope]. ok, let's get ourselves together."

gets his shoes and walks to the front door

6. atticus: mom get you your drum sticks?
me: okay, where are your drum sticks?
atticus: downstairs
me: do you want me to get them for you?
atticus: yes (smiling)
me: and how do we ask?
atticus: please!

7. me: night night, atticus
atticus: night night, mom
me: i love you, atticus
atticus: i love you, mom

Comments