pre school



I know so many of you have been through this before, but today was our first day of preschool. Last week we went to visit the school and meet the teacher and kids. We loved the school --- it was laid back but structured, small and sweet with ABC's everywhere, a play kitchen and oodles of trucks. The teacher and kids were adorable and Atticus introduced himself with a smile, "Hi, I'm Atticus." And he didn't seem scared or worried at all, so we followed his lead. When we talked about school this weekend he was eager and called it "my school" and remembered the name of his teacher and two boys that he met. 

I packed his snack of blueberries and apple slices this morning and we raced out the door leaving Solomon in Granny's loving arms. I was surprised I didn't feel nervous, teary or worried. We walked in and Atticus hung his coat, washed his hands and ran up to the teacher. He came back for a quick kiss goodbye and off he went. He didn't look back. 

I smiled at the teacher and other parents and walked back to my car. As soon as the door closed I burst into tears. I'm so proud of my big, strong, sweet, smart, sensitive and confident boy. My beautiful boy took his first big step away from me today. I can't wait to pick up and give him a big hug. 

"I know my star is a brighter star. Brighter star. Forever be in my arms." 
-Charlatans UK

Comments